A clean smile is a happy smile
It’s important to maintain proper oral health because your mouth contributes to your overall health. At Staples Dental Implants & Reconstruction, we provide professional dental cleanings as well as educate patients on proper cleaning techniques to ensure your oral health is spotless.
Benefits of dental cleanings
Proper dental hygiene affects more than your breath; it impacts your overall health. Good oral health ensures your teeth are healthy and functioning properly and reduces the risk of infection, gingivitis, and gum disease. It is recommended that you visit a dentist twice a year for a thorough cleaning. Professional teeth cleanings can benefit you in a variety of ways. Here are a few:
- Prevent future problems. Prevention is the best medicine, especially when it comes to your teeth. Regular cleanings can lower the risk of gingivitis and other issues.
- Catch issues early. Dental professionals have extensive training in detecting and identifying problems while they’re still minor.
- Save money. By preventing future problems, you’re preventing future payments on treating those problems. Invest now and avoid a root canal later. Regular cleanings can help with that!
- Prevent tooth discoloration. Teeth often get discolored, especially without dental cleanings. A professional cleaning can address or even reverse discoloration.
- Eliminate bad breath. Dental cleanings immediately improve your breath by addressing gingivitis, germs, food particles, and other causes of bad breath.
- Ensure a healthy pregnancy. When a woman is pregnant, gum disease can result in premature birth and low weight, and if you’re trying to become pregnant, gum disease could result in delayed conception.
Your smile is important to us, and it’s important to keep it clean. Dr. Staples and his team are here to educate you about proper cleaning techniques, how to floss correctly, when to replace your toothbrush, and much more. To learn more about the benefits of dental cleanings or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Staples, contact our office in North Las Vegas, NV, today.