Dr. Staples has over 30 years of experience in general dentistry and has been placing and restoring dental implants since 1987. He is currently the president and mentor of the Las Vegas Dental Implant Study Club and has been a guest speaker for several other study groups and dental societies. Dr. Staples considers his team to be one of the most beneficial parts of his life because of how passionate they are about contributing to the patient experience.
He worked as an assistant for another dentist at an early age and soon realized how much he valued relationships with other people. This inspired him to go into dentistry because he found that he could help others and establish positive relationships with his patients. He wants his patients to know that he works with them to overcome fear, anxiety, or distress and practices compassion every day in a welcoming and helpful environment.
Education and residency
Dr. Staples earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from Northwestern University Dental School. During his dental residency, he gained hands-on experience with dental implants in a hospital setting. Dr. Staples also completed training in oral orthopedics and orthodontics through American Straightwire Institute. His passion for dentistry inspired him to continue studying surgical and prosthetic portions of dentistry, as well as receive certification for oral sedation and other methods of patient comfort.
Throughout his years of extensive training and education, Dr. Staples has earned a plethora of highly recognized and distinguished certifications. He is involved with the following organizations:
- Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Diplomate of the American Society of Osseointegration
- Member of the Pierre Fauchard Honor Society
- Alumni of the Pankey Institute for Higher Dental Education
- Member of the American Dental Association, Southern Nevada Dental Society, Utah Dental Association, and the California Dental Association
- Chairman of the Utah State Dental Convention, 2000
- Elite Member of DOCS Organization
- President and Mentor of Las Vegas Dental Implant Study Club
Outside the office
Dr. Staples is a husband, father of 7, and grandfather to 20. He enjoys the beautiful scenery of mountains, relaxing at Lake Powell, hiking, and biking. In his free time, he has volunteered on the County Board of Health, numerous school projects, Lion’s Club, and Elk’s Club. Be sure to ask him about his musical background! Dr. Staples was the keyboardist for an all-doctor band called Rok Dox!